Thursday 6 October 2011

Energize my cookie

This week I had the challenge of creating an "energy cookie" for a beach volleyball team to take to the Masters Games. They gave me a sample of their team shirt material and left me to my own devices.

Having never even considered making anything of it's kind I had to do some research and here was the end result.


Energy Cookie Recipe

Ingredients

2 1/2 Cups Rolled Oats
2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Cup Plain Flour
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Honey
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
100g Melted Butter
3/4 Tsp Vanilla Paste
1 Cup Dried Fruit & Nut Mix

Method

Preheat oven to 180.

Combine dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.

On a cookie tray place the cookie cutter you wish to use. Scoop in mixture and pack tightly. Gently remove cookie cutter and repeat process until all mixture is used.

Bake until golden brown (about 20 minutes).

Ta Da! You have energy cookies. Eat as is or decorate with Royal Icing.

If you have any left, cookies can be stored in an airtight container.


Have you ever been given a custom order that has left you feeling a little overwhelmed?

No comments:

Post a Comment