This is my milk chocolate cookie recipe. It has a smooth chocolate flavour that isn't too strong (for those
Here we go. I hope you enjoy.
MILK CHOCOLATE COOKIES
- 200g butter (room temp)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 tsp vanilla paste
- 100g milk chocolate
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- A little extra milk chocolate and white chocolate for decoration
- 50g butter (room temp)
- 2 tbs milk
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 50g milk chocolate
- Combine butter and brown sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla paste and combine until smooth.
- Melt chocolate and combine with butter mixture.
- Add flour and combine until mixture reaches a crumb-like consisetency.
- Work dough into a ball.
- Cover in plastic wrap and refridgerate for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface and cut shapes (I used a small fluted circle cutter for this tutorial but anything is fine). Remember to make double the amount of cookies that you want as you will be sanwiching them at the end.
- Put cut cookies in the freezer for approx 10 minutes.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once cookies have cooled melt the milk chocolate and white chocolate one at a time and drizzle on top of half your cookies.
- While you allow the chocolate to set mix up the icing mixture as follows.
- Combine butter, icing sugar, and milk until smooth.
- Melt chocolate and combine.
- Fill piping bag with icing mixture.
- Pipe mixture onto second half of baked cookies.
- Top your cookies with the set chocolate drizzled cookies and there you have it - milk chocolate cookie heaven!